Time for a New Uniform

For me, yesterday was one of those days when your adrenaline runs so high for so long that you still feel a little shaky the next day. The messages that I needed to move on from this current employment started first thing in the morning as I finally remember to send a follow up email on a potential well-paying position. Not an hour after that the second message came in the form of an apartment showing. Turned out she was the lady with whom I had interviewed for the teller position a month or so ago. Upon recognizing me she immediately wanted to know if I had applied and reassured me that she was going to make sure my application was pushed through because they really wanted me to work for them. (It is kind of an odd feeling to be conniving about a new job while working at your current job)

Then the final message came another hour later when I received a text from MK. She had just started working the front desk at a dental office and was letting me know that they were hiring a dental assistant, no previous experience required. So I printed off my resume and visited their office when I finished my shift. Right away I was whisked into another room where I was interview by Misti. Then I spent 20 minutes waiting for the dentist to finish with his patient and continue the interview himself. It was the funnest interview ever. How many people get to crack up several times during their interview? We hit it off well and he offered me the job on the spot. I start Monday.

In two weeks I will be making what it takes me a month to earn here. At last, my days in boring employment have ended. I have a found an interesting, well paying, fun job with - as far as I can tell - wonderful, fun-loving coworkers. So after work today I'm off to buy some scrubs. Which is another great perk about this job. My work uniform is practically a pair of PJs. Beat that.

Comments

Popular Posts