Crawling Forward...

For the past week or more Paige has started crawling. Until today it was two crawls, a flying lunge forward, and a roll over to the desired location. Today something clicked and we are on the move from one end of the house to the other! The first spot Paige made her beeline to was Olivia's book corner. She has watched her big sister spend happy hours here and apparently concluded it is the best spot to hang out.


As soon as Olivia saw me taking a picture she decided Paige needed a hug.



I might need to invest in another baby gate but I have one very happy baby on my hands!



Timing couldn't have been more perfect. For the past week I have been almost consistently on my feet during the day. I just may be up for keeping tabs on a busy little crawler who is discovering the joys of putting everything in her mouth.

I am now in the second trimester and doing much better. A couple days ago I made myself the first cup of coffee I have been able to stomach in almost three months. Sitting upright and drinking that cup of coffee felt like the most luxurious and human thing I had ever done. To me it was a very important step toward regaining the feeling of being a normal person - something two months of being bed ridden had robbed me of. I still find my energy zapped by late if not early afternoon, but the ability to get up in the morning and function like a human being is so wonderful. Life is really great right now and I'm getting more and more excited about this new little Blythe. Paige isn't the only one finding the world a little brighter right now.

Comments

Popular Posts