Even Carrots Can Taste Good...

It all started because I had a bag of carrots in the fridge. I can't remember why I bought them. I'm not the biggest fan of carrots so I really have no idea why they were in my vegetable drawer. They've been in there long enough that if I didn't use them now they would turn bad pretty quickly.


So what do you do with a pound of carrots? I was looking up recipes to add to my regular dinner collection and came across one for carrot souffle. By chance I happened to have all the right ingredients in my fridge.





I boiled those carrots in salt water (the recipe said for 10 minutes, but I did 20 because they weren't soft enough yet.)










Once they were soft I stuck in the blender and turned them into an orange mush.






Next came the milk which was whisked into the carrots. I also added some cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.











Once the half cup of milk had been added, I grated in a bit of sharp cheddar, half a cup of cracker crumbs (gluten free ones for us!) and a quarter cup of minced onion.












 I then placed it into the baking pan to cook when I realized I had forgotten the eggs. I whipped up 2 of those and added them at the last minute. The souffle then baked for about 45 minutes.








 Let me tell you, it was yummy! This is the way to eat carrots. Plus, considering the fancy name "souffle", it really wasn't that difficult.




Olivia can't wait to try it, can you tell?

Comments

Popular Posts